Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Fashion Reads 3/25


The library is open…

Jaime King

At first glance, I had the exact same reaction as E!’s writers. Jaime accidentally stuck her outfit in the dryer to get some wrinkles out and pulled out a shrunken doll sized outfit. That is the only excuse for looking like this. A heavy-looking sweater that shows off your stomach? I’ll admit that her stomach looks amazing, and that she should show it off as much as possible, but the whole concept of this top is counter-intuitive. A sweater is supposed to keep you warm, yet you are exposing a sensitive part of your body with a bare midriff? No sense… And then there are the pants… Too short to be traditional trousers yet too long to be cropped pants. They literally look stretched and are ill-fitting. Also, these pants have pleats. Pleats are supposed to lie flat in a properly fitted pant, yet these are waving at us. The shoes are kinda cool, but do they really compliment the ratchet doll outfit she’s wearing? I don’t think so.

Rihanna

Who let her out of the house looking like this? Once again, E! is right on; Rihanna looks like a teenage girl, and an unfashionable one at that. Scarlet O’Hara wore an entire dress made out of curtains, and it looked better than this brothel inspired window treatment she’s using as a skirt. And if it were acceptable to wear such a skirt (and that is Kardashian-ass-sized “if”), why wear pink, ugly, cheap underwear underneath it? And she’s doing well in her career, so why is she trying to hock bracelets and watches? That’s the only reason I can think of to have so much crap on your arm. Lastly, why isn’t PETA protesting her use of horsehair extensions? Not only is it an animal product, it also is offensive for everyone who has to see it.

Ciara

It’s not often, but occasionally I will be positive. Don’t get used to it. I think Ciara pulls off pregnancy extremely well. And she obviously knows how to dress for it. First of all, she’s just plain lucky not to look like a squirrel stashing nuts in her cheeks (A fact I’m sure makes many women envious.). I love the caftan and its print. It’s a smart look because the long and flowy nature of a caftan hides any imperfection she may not want to show while still showing off her glorious bump. I think it’s a little long, but again, she may be hiding swollen pregnancy feet, which is totally understandable. She looks absolutely beautiful… Okay, that was weird… I felt like another person writing that… Scary.

Agree? Disagree? Did you like my positive side? Or should I bury it deep within my icy soul and never let it surface again? Let me know in the comments below!!

No comments:

Post a Comment