Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Fashion Reads 5/20


Before I commence with our daily readings, I would like to take the chance to wish a very happy birthday to one of my best friends, someone who has always and will always be there for me, and someone I love unconditionally because he is a part of my family, Christopher Mallett. You’re older than dirt with one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel, but you’re amazing and fabulous. Happy Birthday!!


The library is open…

Rihanna/Ryan Gosling/Jessica Alba


I realize that the three names I have just listed are an odd amalgamation (I wonder how many people will get a recent TV reference by my use of that word.) of names. Calm down. They’re not having a threesome (like Vicki Gunvalson allegedly did…OK, I’m done with the RHOC references…) or anything like that. But the three of them are offenders of fashion law. I don’t care how comfortable or stylish your pajamas are. You don’t wear them out of the house. The exception for men is if you are Hugh Hefner, and the exception for women is if you work for/live with Hugh Hefner. Otherwise, leave those clothes for lounging in the house or your nocturnal activities.

I must admit, of the three pictured here, I would consider Rihanna’s a jumpsuit, but just barely. So I guess I can give her a pass this time. Ryan Gosling from the waist down looks amazing. I love his shoes. However, it looks like he raided a grandfather’s closet for the top. Jessica Alba gets no mercy. If her hair and makeup weren’t done, I’d swear she literally just rolled out of bed. It’s not even sexy. It’s baggy and, frankly, ugly.

Lupita Nyong’o

Lupita is celebrating Halloween, Saint Patrick’s Day, and National Fishing and Boating Week (Yes, it’s “reel”; I’m just as appalled as you are.) all at the same time. She’s Josephine Baker trying to go fishing on March 17th and she’s making sure no one can pinch her. If I were her friend, I’d do more than pinch her for wearing this ridiculous bedazzled literal fishnet. I’d love to know how she plans on sitting in this; if she does, one of those rhinestones or fake emeralds will be twelve years a prisoner in her butt.

****SPOILER ALERT****
Bianca Del Rio
In honor of this season’s winner of RuPaul’s Drag Race, I’m giving the last spot in today’s blog to Bianca Del Rio. This bitch can read and throw shade like nobody else on this God forsaken planet, and I would love to be able to read her…but I can’t… I loved her gown on last night’s reunion. She posted last night that the floral part of the gown was hand painted by Jeff Fender. I was shocked. That painting work is so beautiful and detailed; I would never have guessed it wasn’t machine made. Congratulations to Bianca. As a fellow south Louisiana native, I was rooting for her. I just have to say, while Courtney Act has a great look, her dress looked like it was made of the cellophane Bianca would wrap her gift baskets in (if she ever gave any… heartless bitch…). Sorry, I had to get that out. Too much positivity starts to melt my icy heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment