Thursday, May 22, 2014

Fashion Reads 5/22


The library is open:

Today I’m giving my opinions on some of the Billboard Music Awards looks.

Kesha and Nicki Minaj
Has the earth started spinning backward? Have the demons finally been expelled from these two ladies? Why are they dressed normally? Not only do they look like real women, as opposed to the cartoon characters they dressed like before; they look gorgeous! Nicki is wearing Alexander McQueen (RIP). On most other women, this dress may be considered a little more risqué, but we are not used to seeing Nicki dress this conservatively, and I must say she looks amazing. I’ve previously discussed that Kesha is getting her act together. She apparently wants to be taken seriously, and I was afraid it was too late. However, she is obviously still trying, and I would count this look as a success. I think she looks great. In fact, she looks so different than she normally does that I almost didn’t recognize her.

Natasha Bedingfield
I cannot be the only one who did a double take when I saw this. Does anyone else think she looks pregnant in this photo? The top gives the illusion of a baby bump…or maybe I’m just crazy… I don’t get this top. The semi-transparent aspect is quite modern, but the appliqué is old and matronly, almost like something you would see on a bad 80s mom-sweater. I also think she should have worn a white bra instead of a black one. The color contrast is actually distracting. On a side note, I was surprised to see her at the awards. I almost forgot who she was; her songs haven’t seen the Billboard list in a hot minute. She needs a hit like a crack-head.

Carrie Underwood
I think Carrie needs to rethink that color choice; the yellow is making her look a little Hepatitis B. I will say I like the mixture of hard and soft: hard armor-esque metallic overlay and a soft flowing gown underneath. If it were only a different color…

Lucy Hale
We get it; she’s pretty, she’s little, and she’s apparently a liar. I’m guessing A made her wear this dress? I don’t see why anyone would voluntarily wear the combination of these three random colors. To top it of, it’s in lace! Not a good look.

Agree? Disagree? Let me know! And don’t forget to leave me your requests for Monday’s blog. It can be any topic you want me to discuss in fashion, food, or décor.

No comments:

Post a Comment