Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Fashion Reads 6/11


So I missed Monday because no one left me a request… Hmmm… Maybe I should just take Mondays off. I missed yesterday because I sang at the funeral of the last of the Navajo code talkers who recently passed away. I was very honored to do that especially for a national hero. I have also been searching for a summer job and failing miserably. So I may be out on the street in two months, and I really won’t be able to write my blog. What will you guys do for entertainment?... So it’s been an interesting beginning to the week.

I’m pretty sure you guys like the “Fashion Reads” posts more than the “Trends-day Wednesday” posts, so I’m breaking my routine. Those of you who know me well know that this is hard for me because of my neurotic and borderline OCD nature, but I’m doing it for your enjoyment. That means you will get two “Fashion Reads” posts in a row. Who’s excited? Please try to contain yourself…

The library is open…

Today’s post is a little special. I will be reading one celebrity for three different looks! Let me know if you think I should do this more often. It could be fun…

Today’s victim: Rihanna


Is Rihanna standing outside the gates of heaven? Oh that’s Sephora you say? Well you say “tomato”; I say “F-you”… J Anyway, I think this look is okay. I quite like the top. I keep going back and forth between the adjectives “futuristic” and “primitive”. I realize they’re very much on the opposite ends of the spectrum, but I can’t make up my mind… It has a type of structured boning around the edges of the strips of cloth that are very sci-fi and exoskeleton-esque. I think it looks really cool. On the other hand, we have the pants. Three problems: 1.) I don’t even like men’s cargo pants on men; why would I think they were okay on Rihanna? 2.) The color is off. The color of the pants doesn’t HAVE to match the color of the top, but the two pieces are so close in color that it looks like it was a mistake or that one piece faded. 3.) They are too freaking long! They’re all bunched up at the ankle. She could easily trip on them in her high heels. Not safe… What do you think? Cargo pants for women? Yea or Nay?


A couple of weeks ago I read Rihanna for wearing pajamas on a red carpet. Apparently she doesn’t read my blog. I’m so shocked! She’s done it again. Here she is wearing what appears to be, as E! calls it, a slip or a nightgown at an awards show. All I can say is it makes her look cheap. I don’t get it. Do you like this? Am I crazy?


I tried to get away with not discussing this one, but I was asked to, so here it goes… You may be surprised to hear this, but I actually like the dress. It’s very elegant and old Hollywood, which is made complete by the addition of the fur. It’s well designed in its simplicity, and it’s covered in Swarovski crystals. I think it’s the perfect dress for the occasion as well (the Council for Fashion Designer Awards). I just wish she had worn pasties or something to cover her nipples, and I don’t think she needs the crystal studded swimming cap. Otherwise, she’s a knockout. Do you like it? If you had the chance, would you wear this (with proper cover-up of course)?

No comments:

Post a Comment