Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Fashion Reads 6/3


The library is open…

Naomi Watts

To steal a line from one of my favorite movies, “They do things differently in bourgeois bohemia.” (Can you name the film? Leave your guess in the comments.) Naomi is looking very hippie-dippie in this denim smock; I won’t even call it a dress. She looks like she just came from a cult meeting with that freshly brainwashed smile on her face. The guy behind her looks just as confused as I am at this outfit. The writers at E! seem to like this look, but I claim they must be smoking the same stuff Naomi was.


Courtney Love

Courtney Love never disappoints. I can always count on the septum-less “former” coke-addict for a laugh. This time it’s fashion related. Being a man, I may be wrong, but I think the purpose of a cleavage-showing gown is to cup the breasts and slightly lift them, not flatten them like pancakes. That just looks painful. And is anyone else distracted by the ever-so-subtle placement of that V-shape near her pink parts? It just screams, “Notice me! I have the potential for camel toe!” And I have to make mention of the shoe. A platform pink cheetah print pump… If I thought anyone would pay for that, I would say she was going to work later that night…


Emily Blunt

On a more positive note, Emily Blunt is looking gorgeous! This dress is by Prada, and it is so simple that it is perfection. This is the quintessential fashion example of “Less is more”. She looks like a long, slender tube of red lipstick, something that might be called “vicious trollop”, and I mean that in a completely complimentary way. (Anyone know the TV reference of the lipstick name? Venture a guess.) To accent the severe dress with a whimsical hot pink lip and purse I think was genius. She looks so fabulous that I bet even Tom Cruise made a pass at her… But seriously, whom is he trying to fool? 

No comments:

Post a Comment