Thursday, April 10, 2014

Fashion Reads 4/10


The library is open…

Leann Rimes

Wow… Leann Rimes is one classy lady. First, she steals husbands (*cough* Brandi Glanville’s *cough*). Now she’s wearing her white trash uniform. Daisy Dukes might be okay in some circumstances, but these are a bit too short. If you look closely at the left thigh, you can see the pocket sticking out. That’s where I draw the line between showing some skin and trying to sell your wares. To make matters worse, the shorts are frayed. (I really hope that trend is not coming back.) She’s obviously not wearing any make-up either. I’d love to know where she is going looking like this. I simply don’t believe that she would be going to Whole Foods just to buy a bottle of water. (I don’t see anything else in her hands.) Maybe she’s looking for another husband to steal. However, I doubt she can find that for sale at Whole Foods.

Naya Rivera

At first glance, I thought this looked strange, but I wasn’t appalled. It’s a new take on the idea of a cutout. However, once I read E!’s comments below the picture, I realized that the top was not a single piece. Naya, or Naya’s stylist, put this together. Why would you sell a piece of clothing that is not functional unless paired with something else? A see-through blouse is more functional than this. I know a lot of women may disagree with me. This is one instance where I don’t prize aesthetic over function. It took a while for me to find an instance, but there’s a first time for everything. Otherwise, I do like this outfit. She looks well put together, and her hair and make-up are great. What do you think? Would you buy this top knowing that if you wore it by itself, you’d have a breast hanging out?

No comments:

Post a Comment