Thursday, April 3, 2014

Fashion Reads 4/3


Vanessa Hudgens

No one protested about my venture to the dark light side of positivity, so I guess I’ll try it again. Vanessa’s outfit is, dare I say it, perfect. Is this how she dresses for a coffee run? If so, she is doing something right with her life. I imagine people would be jealous if this is how she looks pre-coffee. The jeans are casual with a few rips and distressed places, but they don’t look ratty and old. Too often I see people on the street in jeans that are held together by a thread. Unacceptable. Her top is cute and simple, and the draped leather jacket adds another layer of style, and in my opinion, it looks cool and sophisticated at the same time. I didn’t think that was possible. Vanessa has proven me wrong. Okay… I said the outfit, meaning the clothes, was perfect. However, I have a slight problem with the accessories. The hat is awesome! No problems with that. The purse is a little big, but I know women like to carry their entire lives in them, so I’ll give her a pass on that. My real problem is with the jewelry. She is wearing FAR too many rings and bracelets. We can only see the one hand and wrist, but I count 5 completely different bracelets and what looks like a ring on each finger. Is that necessary? I don’t think so… But overall, I love this look.

Emma Stone

What is this thing around Emma’s neck? E! calls it an “adult bib”. I don’t think it would be that bad if the dress were not so simple. The problem is that the eye goes straight to this blob hanging around her neck. It’s the only interesting thing in the whole look. Unfortunately, she looks like she’s trying out for the job of Bob Ross’s assistant. The “bib” looks like his painting pallet. I’m picturing her standing by his easel while he mutters about “happy trees”. He may not even need a canvas. Emma’s skin is white enough to serve as a substitute. I say ditch the bib… unless Andrew Garfield is into some kinky stuff…

There weren’t a lot of looks to critique this week. Hopefully, someone will be a mega fash-hole next week so I can rip into him/her. I’m thirsty for fashion blood.  

Let me know your opinions. Post a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment