Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Fashion reads 4/15


The library is open…

Kate Hudson

Ok, I read Leann Rimes last week for a similar look to what Kate Hudson has on here, but I wanted to show a contrast of how this “running errands” look can also be fabulous. Kate is wearing short shorts, but they are an appropriate length, and they don’t have tassels on the end. Rather, they are crisply hemmed, creating a much more polished look. Furthermore, Kate actually did something with her hair and put on some make-up. Now I’m not delusional. I know most women may not try to look fierce and fabulous when they go to run errands; however, when you are a celebrity, you should know that wherever you go, you WILL be photographed and scrutinized. Otherwise, I wouldn't  have a blog. It may not be fair, but it’s reality. And what’s the point of leaving the house if you don’t look your best?

Rihanna

What is this? Did Rihanna come from a party at the Playboy mansion or is she just prepared to have an adult sleepover with someone? Why is she wearing lingerie on the red carpet? Maybe Chris Brown likes lingerie, and she’s upset that her bruises have healed? If you scroll down to the zoomed in version of the picture, you get a better look at the whole outfit. I didn’t know they made silk shower curtains. That’s the only thing I can think of that has this noticeable and this high of a hem line.

Kim Kardashian & Kanye West

This is a photoshopped picture, right? They could not possibly be going to the same place wearing these two vastly different outfits. Kanye is not worth discussing wearing very generic clothes, so I’ll move on to Kim. This Victorian era macramĂ© (looking?) dress is not working for me. I use the word “looking” because I am really hoping this is just a print. If that is the fabric cut to make those shapes and then overlaid on something else, she would not be able to sit down anywhere; she would get caught on everything. I can see this going horribly wrong. It’s a great way to steal a bracelet though. Finders-keepers… or gets-stuck-to-my-dress-keepers.

No comments:

Post a Comment