Thursday, April 24, 2014

Trendsy Wednesday 4/23


So this post is a little late. I’m talking about the trends featured on last week’s episode of The Fabulist on E!. Whenever I can catch this show, I really enjoy it. It’s a great way to know what the new and emerging trends are. Some are ridiculous and others are fun. So here we go…

Going Commando

Who knew this would ever become a trend? I grew up in south Louisiana, and the idea of not wearing underwear makes me a little sick. The humidity is so bad that you sweat everywhere. If you’re not wearing underwear, there’s nothing to absorb your genital sweat, and there’s nothing to block the odor. There are few body odors stronger than “junk sweat”. Even one of the female panelists made mention of the fact that “females get moist.” I almost threw up at that thought, but it’s a good point. Furthermore, and this idea is completely new to me, the panelists discussed the use of the “vag patch”. This was created to cover a woman’s delicate flower in case she chooses to go commando and wear a dress or skirt. I have mixed feelings about this. What are your opinions? Get me off the fence, please.

Crazy Brows

Apparently it is a trend now to have fierce eyebrows. Celebrity women are now shaping and coloring their eyebrows to make them bold and stand out. This can be awesome looking but also extremely creepy. I’ve seen photos of celebrities, like Miley Cyrus, who have bleached their eyebrows. They looked non-existent. It was very disconcerting, like something out of a science-fiction movie. So bleached eyebrows are not on my fabulist, but shaped and bold ones are.

Overalls

NO! Overalls are never fabulous. Farmers are necessary, and most of them are probably great people doing important work in our society; but they have no place, nor would I imagine they want a place, in fashion. Not on, nor will they ever be, on my fabulist. I know I have a strong opinion on this, but I hate them.

Post-sex Selfies

But first afterward, let me take a selfie! It was just a matter of time before someone decided to brag about his sex life on Instagram. (Yes, I am fairly confident that a male first did this.) Now apparently this trend is spreading. All I can say is that I am glad I do not have an Instagram account. I don’t need to know about people’s nocturnal activities, and I’m sure no one wants to know about mine. Not on my fabulist.

Chunky Chains

I don’t like the name, but I like the look. I really don’t have much to say about this trend other than the fact that it can really pull a whole look together, and in some cases it can dress up a look.

Flower Crowns

The Manson Family called…they want their flower crowns back. Ok… they probably didn’t wear flower crowns, but they were the craziest hippy group I could think of… I don’t see the purpose of these. There are probably only a few scenarios in which a flower crown might be appropriate. Even then, I really hope they’re real. Yes, it’s heavier and more expensive, but the fake flower crowns I have seen look so cheap and costume like. So if you can’t afford the real thing, just don’t wear them… Or better yet, don’t wear them at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment