Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Fashion Reads 4/1


Warning: The final critique (Rita Ora) is a bit extreme and may be found offensive.

Lizzy Caplan

Janis Ian has come a long way since roaming the halls with Ms. Lohan and dressing like a sexually confused teenager. I am typically not a fan of either lace or jumpsuits, so when I heard that she was wearing a lace jumpsuit, I was scared to click on the link. However, I was pleasantly surprised. She looks absolutely beautiful. It’s not overly tight, but does show off her figure. It’s not overly revealing, yet a tasteful amount of chest is exposed. Her makeup and hair are sophisticated and understated, which makes the look complete. I really can’t say anything negative other than I don’t like the shoes. We can’t see much of the shoe, but from what I do see, I don’t think they go with the overall look.

Lady Gaga


I understand Lady Gaga likes to take risks with her fashion, and this is by no means the most outrageous thing she’s ever worn; however, she seems to be taking extra risk with this look—the risk of death, or at the very least falling à la Jennifer Lawrence at the Oscars. Can she even see with that oversized cotton ball on her head? Also, can someone tell me what this fabric is? I’ve stared at it for what seems like hours (okay, that was an exercise in hyperbole… maybe just 5 minutes), and I can’t figure it out. At some points I thought it looked sharp and severely uncomfortable, but at other times it looks plush and soft. I don’t get it. The only substance on Earth that I can think of that can be both soft and sharp at the same time is tinsel. Maybe she’s going green and repurposed all of the Christmas tinsel into an outfit.

Rita Ora

 
Who made this, and which illegal substance was he/she on? Spongebob’s smiling face would not have been acceptable, much less his drunken stupefied face where the mouth resembles a gloryhole. Also, since when is it acceptable to wear a shress (shirt + dress = shress)? Especially, one that has an elastic band around the bottom. This is a shirt that a 65 year old pedophile would wear. I don’t think Rita fits that description… although I have no proof of that assessment. Lastly, and this is nit-picky (but I wouldn’t be me if I weren’t meticulous), why is she wearing her sleeves like that? She’s not a prepubescent child either! Push up the sleeves or hem them! So let me boil my critique down… Rita Ora is a wannabe prepubescent girl who stole the shirt of her aged pedophile assailant during her escape.

I’m thinking of writing on politics from now on instead of fashion… Thoughts?


APRIL FOOLS! I had you going there, didn’t I?

No comments:

Post a Comment