Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Fashion Reads 4/22


The library is open…

Padma Lakshmi

Padma is not human. How can a host and judge of a competition food show look like this? She must eat constantly for months at a time, yet she has abs you could scrub your clothes on? Not fair. I understand that she probably works incredibly long and hard on this, but she still evokes some Othello-level jealousy in me. Normally, I would not like this look, but if your abs look like hers, you had better show them off.

Kesha

Kesha again proves she is growing up. She’s wearing clothes, not a costume. And it’s age appropriate and looks cool. Now all she needs to do is change the hair and nails. Those are tragic. In fact, I don’t think I would call those nails; they’re more like claws. Dirty claws. At least they match the color of her urine-stained hair. I must also comment on the poor girl behind her who has been blurred out. She looks less than enthusiastic to be alive. Anyone else see that? She looks like she needs a hug.

Beyoncé

Driver roll up the partition down Beyoncé’s shorts please. Jay-Z must be an animal at home, literally. These shorts are so chewed up that they’re no longer shorts. They’re a tattered waistband with a button. For Coachella, I like the shirt. And the chunky chain looks chic (see tomorrow’s blog for the discussion on the chunky chain trend). But I can’t think of any scenario that these “shorts” would be permissible. Come on ‘yoncé! You can do better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment